With San Mateo County now in the Orange Tier and likely to improve to the Yellow soon, we’re eager to resume in-person Scout meetings! We have approval from our Charter Organization, Kiwanis Club of Menlo Park, to meet.
The overall plan:
- Rotating in-person with online meetings so that we meet the needs of those who have to socially distance with those who are eager to return to face-to-face engagement
- Rotating in-person meetings between Wednesdays and Thursdays so all have an equal chance at attending
- Careful adherence to County standards for safety, including masks, distancing, temperature checks, pre-clearance health questionnaires, and hand sanitizer
- Stable cohorts of 14 or fewer.
- Safety Logistics:
- Parents will receive a pre-meeting health check questionnaire the day before each meeting
- Scouts will be divided into cohorts based on patrol
- Scouts should maintain six feet distance within their cohorts and cohorts will be separated by 10-20 feet
- After a brief welcome, explanation of safety measures, announcements, and flag ceremony, scouts break into smaller groups within their cohorts to learn skills
- There will not be restrooms available
- If anyone becomes sick during a meeting, they will be separated from their group and parents notified immediately